Bad Langensalza:Exotic blossoms, winding paths, beguiling scents - Bad Langensalza is the town of gardens. Ten parks and themed gardens draw visitors into a world of spectacular and memorable panoramas.
Eisenach: “Schmal” - narrow - is by no means an exaggeration: what is presumed to be the narrowest inhabited timber-framed building in Germany is just 2.05 metres wide and stands on Johannisplatz, in the town centre of Eisenach. It is estimated to be over 250 years old.
Mühlhausen: Soldiers used to defend the old imperial town from here. Today music can be heard on the Mühlhausen town wall. It is one of the most popular attractions in the town and enables a journey to be taken into the past.
Bad Langensalza: The view from the viewing point in front of the arboretum in the park should be a must for every visitor to the town: this "three towers vista" has become a symbol of the town of Bad Langensalza.
Bad Langensalza: A terrace-like, idyllic park with noteworthy garden architecture forms the impressive setting for the villa Friederiken Palace. The semi-circular square in the park is used for various events.
Eisenach: A visit to the Burschenschaftsdenkmal, the monument to the student fraternities, offers panoramic views over the town of Eisenach, the Hörselberge hills and what is considered the finest view of the Wartburg.
Mühlhausen: There is hardly a more romantic way to say “I do” than in the old town hall of Mühlhausen with its bull’s eye glass windows and cosy timberwork. In the middle of the old town, it nestles into a narrow lane and waits for its visitors.
Mühlhausen: Do you have a wish that is yet to be fulfilled in life? Then you should definitely plan a visit to the Popperode Fountain House in Mühlhausen, because legend has it that wishes come true here.
Mühlhausen: Since 1927, a majestic lion has been looking over the roofs of Mühlhausen and guarded the commemoration of one of the saddest chapters of the city’s history. "The Lion" honours the fallen of the first World War.
Bad Langensalza: The Gottesackerkirche (God’s Acre Church) St. Trinitatis enchants its guests as concert church with unique acoustics. The baroque ceiling paintings in the former cemetery church have been shining in new splendour since 2009.
Bad Langensalza: From the steeple of the Augustine’s Church, you can enjoy a magnificent view of the medieval city centre of Bad Langensalza and the preserved monastery complex of the Augustinian Monastery. 120 steps have to be claimed beforehand.
Bad Langensalza: The Town Hall of Bad Langensalza was built between 1742 and 1752 from local travertine stone. The Saxon and Thuringian lions sit above the former water source of the town, the town hall well of 1582.
Bad Langensalza: The steeple of the Market Church offers a fantastic view of the City of Bad Langensalza. With a height of 83 metres, it is the second highest steeple in Thuringia. The Market Church was first mentioned in 1272.
Bad Langensalza: One of the city’s popular photo motives is the “Naked Rider” at the Augustinerplatz, directly in front of the City Museum. The Ulan Monument was erected here in 1925 for the fallen soldiers of the Thuringian Ulan Regiment No. 6.
Vogtei: The scholars continue to argue. However, in Thuringia minds are long made up: the centre of Germany lies in the Vogtei, a small parish near the Hainich National Park, which offers a wealth of attractions.
Seebach: A beautiful moated castle from the 12th century accommodates the oldest state-owned ornithological station in Germany. “Perceptible bird protection” is the trademark of this exceptional institution.
Volkenroda: The former Cistercian Monastery that was founded in 1131 attracts visitors with events in the Christ Pavilion. It has the oldest Cistercian Monastery Church that is still preserved in Germany.
Nazza: Around 1392, Landgrave Balthasar secured the northwest border of his Thuringian county with the Haineck Castle. Later, the Castle served as protection against plundering soldiers of the Thirty Years’ War.