Market Church Bad Langensalza
The steeple of the Market Church St. Bonifacii offers a fantastic view of the City of Bad Langensalza. With a height of 83 metres, it is the second highest steeple in Thuringia. The Market Church was first mentioned in 1272.
The interior of the nave of the Market Church accommodates numerous historic treasures: late medieval altars, the coffered ceiling above the choir of 1561, the pulpit from the year 1734, panel paintings, epitaphs and memorial slabs. The late gothic wall paintings and the painted coffered wooden ceiling from the year 1519 in the nun gallery are of unparalleled quality and particularly valuable. Having a diameter of 1.88 metres, the bell of Eckard Kuchen from the year 1564 is one of the largest in in Thuringia.
Bei der Marktkirche
99947 Bad Langensalza
April - October
Daily: 2pm - 4pm
May - September
Organ music at market time at noon