Town wall Mühlhausen
Soldiers used to defend the old imperial town from here. Today music can be heard on the Mühlhausen town wall. It is one of the most popular attractions in the town and enables a journey to be taken into the past.
The oldest town wall dates back to the early days, when Mühlhausen blossomed as a result of war and trade. Stretching over 2.8 kilometres, they enclosed the Medieval town in a large, irregular rectangle. Four gates and presumably four small portals represented the sole means by which citizens, merchants and visitors could enter the town. Today a number of this entrance and 2.2 kilometres of the old town wall can be viewed, whisking visitors on a voyage back in time.
The medieval Free City of Mühlhausen near the Hainich Park impresses its visitors by its diversity. The city wall, the historic old town and the 11 gothic churches define the cityscape. Read more … Mühlhausen
St. Mary´s Church
Mühlhausen: One of the most significant buildings in Mühlhausen is St. Mary´s Church. An impressive architectural and historic monument, it represents the proud history of this former imperial town. Read more … St. Mary´s Church
Monument "Mühlhäuser Löwe"
Mühlhausen: Since 1927, a majestic lion has been looking over the roofs of Mühlhausen and guarded the commemoration of one of the saddest chapters of the city’s history. "The Lion" honours the fallen of the first World War. Read more … Monument "Mühlhäuser Löwe"